We have received many requests to extend the deadline for submissions and are pleased to announce that the new deadline is Midday GMT Friday, 25 November 2016.
The 8th Open Educational Resources Conference, OER17: The Politics of Open, will be held on the 5-6 April 2017 at Resource for London, UK. The deadline for proposals: Midday GMT Wednesday, 16 November 2016. The conference themes for submission this year are:
- Local, national, and international policy and practice
- Cape Town Declaration 10th anniversary & 5th anniversary of the UNESCO Paris declaration
- Privacy, surveillance, and open politics
- Governance and power
- School-level policies
- Institutional/organisational politics
- Changing cultures
- Open in the classroom
- Open organisations and organising
- From OER to OEP
- Participation & social equality
- Open as inclusive
- Human rights and OER
- Digital literacy & open
- Children, young people and open education
- Open Party
- Celebrating heroes, wins and progress
- Hacking, making, gaming, sharing
- Open innovation
- Wildcard contributions
Proposals should be be submitted via the Open Conference System (OCS) at http://ocs.sfu.ca/alt/index.php/conferences/OER17.
To submit a proposal:
- Read the full call for proposals at as Google Doc at http://go.alt.ac.uk/OER17Call or download a PDF.
- Login or create an account. N.B. when creating an account select ‘Author’ from the options under ‘Create account as’. If you do not select this option you will not be able to submit a proposal.
- From the User Home area select ‘New Submission‘ under ‘OER17: The Politics of Open’
- Follow the steps to submit your proposal, you can save your work at any time and return.
- Once submitted you will receive a confirmation email and can track the progress of your submission at any time from the ‘User Home‘ page.
Please make sure to follow the submission guidelines and note that you can only be lead author for one proposal.