The purpose of this workshop is to empower anyone (instructional designers, librarians, administrators or faculty) who wish to implement OERs. Each participant will exit the workshop with a handout listing essential references and practical advice concerning the challenges that exist when implementing OERs.
- Introduction of Workshop – OER or not OER? That is the Question? And Introduction of Presenter (2 minutes)
- Icebreaker – Fear in a Hat (10 minutes)
- OER Land (20 minutes)
- Discussion of Perceptions and Misperceptions of Implementing OERs (10 minutes)
- Show results of Presenter’s Survey Research (3 minutes)
- Discussion of successful ways to Implement OERs on higher education campuses (15 minutes)
- Evaluation of the Workshop Session – Ticket out the Door (2 minutes)
Murphy, A 2013, ‘Open educational practices in higher education: institutional adoption and challenges’, Distance Education, 34, 2, pp. 201-217, Academic Search Premier, EBSCOhost, viewed 14 November 2016.
OER Knowledge Cloud, Beyond OER: Shifting focus to Open Educational Practices. Available from: https://oerknowledgecloud.org/sites/oerknowledgecloud.org/files/OPAL2011.pdf. [14 November 2016].